ACTION Seaport is an integrated and novel solution to promote intelligent monitoring and enhancement of environmental, safety and operation performance for port and shipping activities, taking advantage of the combination of state-of-the-art model-based decision support systems and data management technologies developed in ACTION Modulers along the recent years.
In detail, ACTION Seaport can be used to support and enhance the following Port activities:
- Operation support: navigation, pilotage and (un)loading support through the visualization of high resolution forecasts of marine weather conditions, including surface currents, wave and wind data;
- Vessel tracking: including all relevant information about vessel general characteristics (e.g. length, width, MMSI, photo), voyage (e.g. origin, destination, ETA) and real time data (e.g. position, heading, state – anchored, moored, underway);
- Environmental monitoring: data management and visualization of real time measured or estimated water and air parameters (e.g. monitoring stations; air emissions from ships);
- Emergency response: support to marine pollution tactical response through advanced and reliable on-demand oil, chemical (HNS) and inert spill forecasting, as well as simulation of the drift of floating containers and search and rescue operations;
- Port performance indicators: continuous evolution of operational port performance indicators, including time, volume and movement elements from vessels (e.g. average ship turn-round times).
The system is able to publish, distribute and interface results in multiple traditional and technological platforms, including periodic digital reports, tailor-made SMS and email alerts, mobile-friendly websites, GIS desktop systems.
ACTION Seaport differentiates from other decision support systems and forecasting services in the following items: